Silicon Sea Belt Summit in FUKUOKA 2010
Date & Time: Feb. 23, 2010, 9:30-18:00 (Forum), 18:15-20:00 (Reception)
Feb. 24, 2010, 9:30-12:30 (Alliance Workshop & Business Matching)
Venue: Hotel Okura Fukuoka (http://www.okura.com/hotels/fukuoka/location.html)
Fee: 8,000 Yen for summit meeting and reception party
5,000 Yen for summit meeting only
Free for Forum for Student
3,000 Yen for Reception for Student
The eighth Annual Silicon Sea Belt Summit 2010 will focus on "Breaking Perspectives of Semiconductor Industry Fostering the Green Economy" aiming to discuss about the eco society and the role of semiconductor industries.
From Fraunhofer-Research Institution for Electronics Nanosystems ENAS, Dr. Gottfried will take part in the second session "Dynamics of Semiconductor driving Green Era" as a panelist and would be delighted to discuss about this exciting topic with you.
Furthermore, Dr. Gottfried and Dr. Wiemer from Fraunhofer ENAS will introduce you the latest research activities at the second workshop on Feb.24th.
<PROGRAM> *Program is subject to change
- Feb. 23, 2010 SILICON SEA BELT SUMMIT FUKUOKA 2010 -
*simultaneous translation service is available
- Opening Remarks
Wataru Aso (Governor, Fukuoka Prefecture)
Michisada Kamata (Chairman, Fukuoka Advanced System LSI R&D Hub Promotion Committee, Honorary Advisor, Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc.)
- Message from Organizinig Committee Chairman
Hajime Sasaki (Chairman, Kyushu Semiconductor Industries Technology Innovation Association, Executive Advisor, NEC Corp.)
Invited Speech "IBM's global strategy in Green Era and Expectation to Semiconductor"
Dr. Christopher C. Couper (Distinguished Engineer and Chief Technology Officer, IBM Corp.)
Keynote Sessions Green Strategies in Eco and Power Saving Era
- "Panasonic's global strategy in Green Era"
Yoshiyuki Miyabe (Executive Officer, Panasonic Corp.)
- "Moser Baer's global strategy in Green Era"
Dr. Gopalan Rajeswaran (CEO, Moser Baer India LTD., CTO, Moser Baer PhotoVoltaic LTD.)
Session 1: Breaking Innovation Semiconductor Techology for Green Era
(This session will address electric power network, digital grid technology, opto device technology and power semiconductor technology in Green era.)
- Challenges of Electric Power Network in Green Era
Yoshizumi Serizawa (Senior Research Scientist, Sector Leader, Communication Systems, System Engineering Research Laboratory, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry)
- Dynamism of Digital Grid in Green Era
Takeshi Yokota (Technology Executive, T&D Power Systems, Transmission Distribution & Industrial Systems Company, Toshiba Corp.)
- Emerging Opto Device for Green Era
Bernd Kammerer (General Manager, Sales & Marketing Business Group, Everlight Electronics Co., Ltd.)
- Featuring Power Semiconductor in Green Era - New Materials Development for SoC Power Device -
Tatsuo Fujimoto (Advanced Technology Research Laboratories, Nippon Steel Corp.)
Session 2: Dynamics of Semiconductor driving Green Era
(This panel discussion session will address the bridge of innovation semiconductor technologies and future digital network application. The panel will also address the future dynamics of semiconductor in Green era.)
Dr. Hiroto Yasuura (Trustee, Vice President, University of Kyushu)
- Panelist TBA (Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) of Taiwan, R.O.C.)
- Changlai Yin (CEO, China Way Co., Ltd.)
- Dr. Chihaya Adachi (Professor, Division of Photoactive Materials, Center for Future Chemistry, University of Kyushu)
- Dr. Knut Gottfried (Deputy Leader of the department Back-end of Line and Group Leader Processes, Materials and Technologies, Fraunhofer-Research Institution for Electronic Nanosystems ENAS)
- Feb. 24, 2010 PARALLEL WORKSHOPS - - Report of the recent research of Silicon Sea Belt Fukuoka Project
(Knowledge Cluster Initiative Program Theme)
"R&D of High-yield Platform for LSI Circuits"
Dr. Xiaoqing Wen (Kyushu Institute of Technology)
- Research Ativities Update on partnering research institute Dr. Knut Gottfried (Deputy Leader of the department Back-end of Line and Group Leader Processes, Materials and Technologies, Fraunhofer Research Institution for Electronic Nanosystems ENAS)
Dr. Maik Wiemer (Department System Packaging, Head of the department, Fraunhofer Research Institution for Electronic Nanosystems ENAS)
If you have any questions about the conference program, please contact:
Fukuoka Industry, Science & Technology Foundation (Fukuoka IST)
System LSI Dept.
3-8-33 Momochihama, Sawara-ku, Fukuoka 814-0001 Japan
Semiconductor Portal, Inc.
East 17F, Akasaka Twin Tower, 2-17-22, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 Japan