6th Japanese-German Industry Forum 2010
Date & Time: November 18, 2010 (Thu) 13:30-20:00
Venue: Hotel Okura Tokyo, 2-10-4 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0001
Attendance: Free of charge (Registration needed)
Organized by: Germany Trade & Invest
The topic of this year's Japanese-German Industry Forum will be: "Smart Energy and Mobility Solutions - Sustainable Business Opportunities in Germany".
Prof. Alexander Michaelis (Director, Fraunhofer Institute of Ceramic Technologies and Systems IKTS) and Dr. Jan Ringelstein (Researcher and Project Leader of "the European Project Smart House / Smart Grid", Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology IWES) will be participating in this event.
< PROGRAM> *With simultaneous Japanese-German translation.
13:30 - 13:45 - Opening Remarks
* Mr. Michael Pfeiffer, President, Germany Trade & Invest
* Mr. Iwami Asakawa, Japan Representative, Germany Trade & Invest
13:45 - 14:05 - Keynote Speech
* Mr. Herbert Hemming, Executive Vice President, Bosch Corporation
14:05 - 15:35 - Joint Forum "Business Location Germany/Investment Overview"
* "Outlook of Economy & Investment in Germany and Trend of Local Japanese Companies" (tentative) - Mr. Tokio Kawashima, Regional Head for Germany & General Manager, Dusseldorf Branch, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
* "Tax & Legal Framework in Germany" - Mr. Heiko Stumpf, Manager Tax & Legal Services, Germany Trade & Invest
* "E-Energy and ICT for Electromobility - Germany's Way towards an Internet of Energy" - Ms. Julia Benkert, Consultant, B.A.U.M Consult
15:35 - 16:05 - Coffee break & Mimi Messe of Federal States
16:05 - 18:00 - Session A "Energy Storage & Smart Mobility"
* "Future Mobility @ SAP - Exemplar Future Fleet" - Mr. Joachim Marx, Project Manager SAP Research, SAP AG
* "Smart Use of Electricity and the Smart Grid"; TEPCO's Perspective" - Dr. Hiroshi Okamoto, General Manager, Smart Grid Strategy, Engineering Department, TOKYO ELECTRIC POWER COMPANY
* "Ceramic Materials and Technologies for innovative Fuel Cells, Super Capacitors and Batteries" - Prof. Alexander Michaelis, Director, Fraunhofer Institute of Ceramic Technologies and Systems
* "TOSHIBA Rechargeable Secondary Battery, SCiBTM" - Mr.Shoshi Kawatsu, General Manager Super Charge Battery Division, Toshiba Corporation
16:05 - 18:00 - Session B "Smart Homes and Smart Grids"
* "E-Energy Model region 'MeRegio'" - Mr. Hellmuth Frey, Deputy Chief Research and Innovation, EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG
* "Panasonic's concept of Smart Home" (tentative) - Mr. Hisashi Kodama, Associate Director Corporate Division for Promoting Energy Solution Business, Panasonic Corporation
* "Decentralized Energy Management for Smart Houses - A Building Block for the Future‘s Smart Grid" - Dr. Jan Ringelstein, Researcher and Project Leader of "the European Project Smart House / Smart Grid", Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology IWES
* "NEC's Energy & Environment Solutions" - Mr. Ishi Naoki, Department Manager, Solution Business Promotion Department, Public Utility Solutions Division, NEC Corporation
18:15 - 20:00 - Reception "German Business Lounge"
Reception will offer you networking opportunities with speakers and other specialists from Germany. The 11 federal states will be present with information stands and representatives.