The Fraunhofer Project Center at Tohoku University (FPC at Tohoku University) is a platform for common research and development activities of Tohoku University and Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems ENAS.
The FPC at Tohoku University runs to the benefit of both partners as a vehicle for:
- R&D cooperation in advanced manufacturing technologies as well as development and applications of new materials for microelectronic systems with a focus on NEMS/MEMS and micro/nano manufacturing technologies,
- Facilitating and expediting the commercialization of research and the transfer and adoption of new materials manufacturing technology by industry, particularly manufacturers of microsystems and semiconductor devices,
- Exploitation of new markets in the field of micro/nano systems manufacturing sectors,
- Introducing methods and standards of Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft for industrial collaboration to the research community in Japan and vice versa,
- Training the next generation of researchers, engineers and technicians through joint research programs.